Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Blast from the Past: The Oregon Trail

The Oregon Trail game is a part of my elementary school experience that I have always remembered.  I don't know if it was my whole family dying from all of the various diseases: snake bite, cholera, broken bones, etc.; or if it was just the joy of playing a game instead of doing "normal" work, but I remember loving the entire experience greatly.  Turns out, the old game still has appeal with elementary students in the 21st Century.  This website has made old MSDOS games available to play for free!  If your kids are getting bored over winter break, remind them that all they can embark on a trip to California or Oregon as long as they have computer and internet access.  While you're at it, encourage reading a book, too.  Reading is another thing that hasn't changed since the 90s.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment