Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Oregon Trail Field Trip

It never ceases to amaze me just how beautiful the state of Nebraska can be.  This was my fourth year on the Oregon Trail Field Trip that we take with our fourth graders, and even through the wind and chill, I believe we all had a wonderful time viewing the prairie and landmarks that made the journey West so memorable. The skies were grey and the winds were quite gusty at times, but the kids were enthusiastic and probably more so just excited to be out of their desks for a full day.  Walking along paths trekked long ago by pioneers and Native Americans just made the learning that much more fun.  The history is rich and stories are without number.  I know I learn something new each year and I hope the students learned a thing or two as well.
















No comments:

Post a Comment